Sunday, November 5, 2023

MC Special

My all- time favorite martini. I loved Cosmos until I saw the recipe for Sex on the Beach. I combined the two to come up with this MC Special. I called it the “GC Special” until I thought that probably recommending an alcoholic drink as Grandma Carol wasn’t a very grandmotherly thing to do. So I changed it to MC Special. It’s the best cocktail ever, in my opinion - fruity, refreshing, and sure to get a buzz going with one drink. 

1 oz. vodka (Tito’s or Grey Goose)
1/2 oz. Cointreau (or any orange liquor like Triple Sec - but Cointreau is the best!)
1/2 oz. Peach Schnapps
1 oz. OJ
1 oz. Cranberry Juice Cocktail (I always used use Diet cranberry juice cocktail because I’m sure those few calories I save make a world of difference!)
Juice from 1/4 lime

Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice. Shake for 30 seconds and serve in your favorite martini glass. I like to serve mine WITH the ice. I never strain it. 

When I make this for myself, I rarely measure anything - just pour a little of each ingredient in my shaker. It’s all good. Exact measurements not required. Really- how could you mess this up?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment